A good glance at an individual usually begins with the head; more specifically, the hair. The appearance of the hair tells a lot about an individual. Most importantly, the hair adds to the beauty and charm of the bearer. It is therefore imperative to maintain the hair at regular intervals for best results. This article offers tips on how to effectively maintain your curly hair and give it that smooth and shiny luster.
Curly hair is usually dry by virtue of its nature. A remedy to this is to moisturize it using curly hair products. Some of these curly hair products include natural oil-based creams and lotions.
TIPS FOR MAINTAINING YOUR CURLY HAIR
- One of the most interesting advantages of having nicely curly hair is that you can easily step out of the shower, apply curly hair products to your hair working it through your hair with your fingers and air-dry it after which you can then apply air milk to get rid of the crunches.
In doing these, it is also important to ensure that your nails are smooth as rough, dry or cracked nails do more harm to your curls than you know. A quick test to know whether your nails and palms are in order is to run your palm over silk scarf; if your nails and hands move smoothly across the scarf, they are good for your hair.
However, if your hands and nails snag as they travel across the silk, using them on your hair would cause great damage to it.
- As you may already know, wet and freshly washed hair is relatively weaker and more prone to breakage than dry hair. Though rough hands and nails do not constitute much of a treat on a daily basis, they can cause a lot of damage by causing your hair to be irregularly curled. In order to avoid this potential damage, ensure you get regular manicures; either you do them by yourself or you have someone to them for you.
Taking proper care of your hands and nails is just as equally important as taking care of your curls. You should also remember to remove old nail polish from your nails as the layer of polish on your nails can cause your hair to break.
- Contrary to what many believe, taking care of your hair goes beyond the mere application of shampoo. Though shampoo has a role to play in ensuring that your curly hair is always clean, there are other products you could use in order to achieve that wow effect. Just as it is with the skin, there are different kinds of hair and each kind requires specific attention if it must remain clean and attractive at the same time.
For instance, hair products made from citrus tend to increase the volume of your hair and prevent it from frizzing. Hair conditioners are also advised for those who value moist hair.
- While it is true that some people have their curls naturally, others have curls only after they have treated their hair using certain curly hair products. Irrespective of how you got yours, it is important that you maintain them naturally by using products that will keep the curls intact even after several items of washing. Creams, shampoos conditioners, and other curly hair care products can also be used for a smart, long-lasting look.
- If you prefer to blow your dry curly hair, it is important that you use diffuser attachments; these prevent the hair from getting damaged.
Using moisturizing leave-in conditioners also help to prevent the moisture in your hair. The use of moisturizer before styling ensures that you have adequate moisture in your hair preserved for a better and more attractive look.
- In case your hair has very dry ringlets, it is advised that you use mild shampoo and conditioners as these products best suit your kind of hair. The shampoo should be applied in small amounts; avoid washing the hair many times.
As opposed to the user of shampoo, the conditioner should be applied in adequate amounts after which you then comb it through and wait for about ten to fifteen minutes before rinsing.
- The products applied to frizzy and very dry coils differ from those used for the maintenance of soft and large curls. Soft large curls are quite sensitive and differ greatly from small curls; which could be sometimes difficult to manage. It is therefore imperative that you understand your type of hair before you start applying hair products to it. For instance, huge curls are usually compatible with products that will make them assume attractive loops or desired curves.
- Applying rich creams on your hair is also an effective way of maintaining it. These creams make your hair shiny; as is the case with many. Cream is especially recommended if you got your curls from chemical products. Though carrying out such treatments on frizzed hair might be a cumbersome task, the out will be highly impressive with the use of the right products.
While it is true that some people want to maintain great curly hair, others simply want to shave it off or straighten them. Whatever you decide to do with that hair, curly hair products are available for your use.
There you have it! Maintaining that lovely curly hair will not cost you much afterall; the use of curly hair products gives your curly hair that constantly attractive look.